Implementing + Deploying Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Novell Netware Linux Training Courses.
Netware to Novell (10 topics)
- Migrating services and data from NetWare to Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Advanced configuring and installing of Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Configuring and maintaining patches and upgrades
- Finding support for Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux issues
- Troubleshooting and maintaining Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Understanding storage using Dynamic Storage Technologies (DST)
- Administering security on Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Configuring common services on Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Understanding virtualization
- Installing virtualized NetWare
Students in this course should be current NetWare 6 or Open Enterprise Server NetWare CNEs, or have equivalent experience with the NetWare 6, NetWare 6.5, or Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare product. This includes strong experience with the following: -NetWare 6 or later server administration -Novell Storage Services (NSS) -Novell Client Protocol (NCP) -Novell eDirectory -Novell Certificate Server -DNS/DHCP -Novell iFolder -Novell iPrint -NetStorage -Novell iManager -Novell iMonitor -Novell Remote Manager In addition, students should have previously attended Course 3089 (Fundamentals of Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux) or have equivalent experience. Attendees of this course also need the skills taught in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Fundamentals (Course N3071). They need to be familiar with files and file system layout, user management, how to use a shell and basic functionalities of YaST. Delegates are also expected to have attended the N3071 & N2072 - the CLA, or have equivalent experience.