Novell ZENWORKS Configuration Management 10 Administration
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
In this course, students learn about the fundamental concepts, processes, and architecture of Novell
ZENworks 10 Configuration Management (Standard version) by installing and using Novell ZENworks 10
Configuration Management with few configuration changes.
This approach helps students become familiar with the purpose and components of Novell ZENworks 10
Configuration Management (for evaluation purposes), and enables them to perform basic administrative
tasks in a lab environment, or in a production environment under the direction of an experienced Novell
ZENworks 10 Configuration Management network engineer.
Students work with a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 virtual machine and two virtual Windows XP
Professional (SP2) workstations to install, configure, and test the core features of Novell ZENworks 10
Configuration Management and AdminStudio for ZENworks (included in the Standard version). The virtual
machines are run in VMware Player (or VMware Workstation, where available).
This course targets:
- Novell software system administrators, integrators, and engineers
- Networking consultants
- Reseller/partner technical support staff
- New Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management customers
- Established Novell software administrators with no ZENworks experience should take this course. You
should already familiar with using eDirectory and related tools (such as iManager), and have some
experience administering products such as ZENworks Desktop Management.
- If you are a new Novell customers tasked with evaluating or administering Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration
- Management, this is the class for you.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Outline (21 topics)
- SECTION 1 Describe Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
- SECTION 2 Install Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
- SECTION 3 Register Devices for ZENworks Configuration Management
- SECTION 4 Manage Discovery and Deployment
- SECTION 5 Configure Remote Management
- SECTION 6 Manage Software Packaging and Distribution
- SECTION 7 Configure ZENworks Configuration Management Policies
- SECTION 8 Manage Personality Migration
- SECTION 9 Image Computers with ZENworks Configuration Management
- SECTION 10 Manage Inventory and Data Collection
- SECTION 11 Run ZENworks Configuration Management Reports