Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
CompTIA Security+ Certification SY0-601 provides the basic knowledge needed to plan, implement, and maintain information security in a vendor-neutral format. This includes risk management, host and network security, authentication and access control systems, cryptography, and organizational security.
This course maps to the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 certification exam.
Delegates will learn how tDelegates will learn how to:
- Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
- Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1: Security fundamentals (3 topics)
- Security concepts
- Enterprise security strategy
- Security program components
Module 2: Risk management (3 topics)
- Understanding threats
- Risk management programs
- Security assessments
Module 3: Cryptography (2 topics)
- Cryptography concepts
- Public key infrastructure
Module 4: Network connectivity (2 topics)
- Network attacks
- Packet flow
Module 5: Network security technologies (2 topics)
- Network security components
- Monitoring tools
Module 6: Secure network configuration (2 topics)
- Secure network protocols
- Hardening networks
Module 7: Authentication (2 topics)
- Authentication factors
- Authentication protocols
Module 8: Access control (2 topics)
- Access control principles
- Account management
Module 9: Securing hosts and data (3 topics)
- Securing data
- Securing hosts
Module 10: Securing specialized systems (2 topics)
- Mobile security
- Embedded and specialized systems
Module 11: Application security (2 topics)
- Application attacks
- Securing applications
Module 12: Cloud security (2 topics)
- Virtual and cloud systems
- Securing cloud services
Module 13: Organizational security (4 topics)
- Social engineering
- Security policies
- User roles and training
- Physical security and safety
Module 14: Disaster planning and recovery (3 topics)
- Business continuity
- Resilient systems
- Incident response procedures
There are no specific prerequisites to take up this certification.
It is recommended to take the Network+ certification or equivalent before taking the Security+ training and certification exam.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
CompTIA Network+ Certification Support Skills
A 5-day Training Course on Network+ Certification Support Skills 2018 Objectives; This practical course is intended for those wishing to qualify with Network+ Certification.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols
A 4-day Training Course on Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols; covers practical configuration & troubleshooting of TCP/IP within LANs and WANs.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.