Solaris Dynamic Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting with DTrace
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The Dynamic Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting with DTrace course provides students with the ability to use DTrace to diagnose application and system problems. This course replaces SA-325-S10.
Who Can Benefit:
Students who can benefit from this course are experienced system administrators, service support personnel, kernel developers, and application program developers
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Use DTrace to find the source of intermittent problems.
- Use DTrace to look at the cause of performance problems.
- Use DTrace to help debug applications.
- Find System problems with DTrace
- Troubleshoot DTrace script problems.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
DTrace Fundamentals (2 topics)
- Describe the features of DTrace
- Describe the DTrace architecture
Using DTrace (3 topics)
- Examining performance problems using DTrace
- Use DTrace to obtain information about system calls
- Create D Scripts that Use Arguments
Debug Applications with DTrace (4 topics)
- Use DTrace to profile an application
- Use DTrace to access application variables
- Use DTrace to find transient system call errors
- Use DTrace to determine the names of files being opened
Finding System Problems with DTrace (5 topics)
- Use DTrace to access kernel variables
- Use DTrace to obtain information about read calls
- Use DTrace to do anonymous tracing
- Use DTrace to do speculative tracing
- Explain the privileges necessary to run DTrace operations
Troubleshooting DTrace Problems (3 topics)
- Describe how to lessen the performance impact of DTrace
- Describe how to use and tune DTrace buffers
- Debug DTrace scripts