Check Point NGX I R65 Security Administration on Nokia IP Security Platforms
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Check Point Training Courses.
R65 Security Administration (18 topics)
- Identify overall features and benefits of the NSP line.
- Review the Nokia IPSO design and file structure.
- Execute the initial setup process of an NSP.
- Describe the tools available to monitor the status of an NSP.
- Configure SSH and SSL.
- Describe the architecture of VPN-1 NGX.
- Create and modify an NGX Security Policy.
- Configure and use SmartView Tracker and SmartView Monitor.
- Configure and use SmartDefense.
- Configure Hide and Static Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Explain encryption for VPNs, comparing and contrasting common encryption methods.
- Configure User, Client, and Session Authentication.
- Implement LDAP and integrate it with an NGX SmartCenter Server.
- Select the appropriate backup strategy to meet disaster-recovery requirements.
- Use NGX upgrade tools and SmartUpdate to upgrade to NGX.
- Maintain an NSP, installing, upgrading, and backing up Nokia components.
- Determine the licensing process for VPN-1 NGX.
- Configure VRRP and SVRRP.
Persons attending this course should have a working knowledge of internetworking concepts and an understanding of TCP/IP, network addressing and subnet masks. They should also have knowledge of basic router concepts as they relate to Layer 3 of the OSI model, including RIPv1 and v2, and static routes. Basic knowledge of networking concepts and topologies, and an understanding of the OSI model is required.