Check Point NGX I R65 Security Administration on Nokia IP Security Platforms
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This is a five-day, instructor-led course, which covers configuring and implementing Check Point NGX R65 on Nokia IP Security Platforms. The course provides the information and experience necessary to deploy and manage Internet firewalls on the Nokia family of security products. Hands-on exercises enable students to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the platform operations, effectively configure security policies, and successfully deploy Internet security solutions.
This course is designed for those people who will be responsible for the installation, implementation or maintenance of a Checkpoint NGX - protected site using a Nokia Security Appliance, including Systems administrators, security managers and network engineers who manage Checkpoint NGX gateway deployments, as well as those who seek Nokia Security Administrator (NSA) Foundation (NO0-002) and/or CCSA R65 NGX, #156-215.65 certifications.
Delegates attending this course will be able to:
- Define Nokia Security Platform features and routing terminology
- Identify the fundamental design considerations for the Nokia IP Security Platform
- Deploy VPN-1 NGX modules and components
- Define a security policy using the VPN-1 NGX Security Dashboard, incorporating the SmartMap
- Implement network address translation (NAT)
- Set up user authentication in a VPN-1 NGX environment
- Enable high availability using Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- Use troubleshooting tools and administrative procedures
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
R65 Security Administration (18 topics)
- Identify overall features and benefits of the NSP line.
- Review the Nokia IPSO design and file structure.
- Execute the initial setup process of an NSP.
- Describe the tools available to monitor the status of an NSP.
- Configure SSH and SSL.
- Describe the architecture of VPN-1 NGX.
- Create and modify an NGX Security Policy.
- Configure and use SmartView Tracker and SmartView Monitor.
- Configure and use SmartDefense.
- Configure Hide and Static Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Explain encryption for VPNs, comparing and contrasting common encryption methods.
- Configure User, Client, and Session Authentication.
- Implement LDAP and integrate it with an NGX SmartCenter Server.
- Select the appropriate backup strategy to meet disaster-recovery requirements.
- Use NGX upgrade tools and SmartUpdate to upgrade to NGX.
- Maintain an NSP, installing, upgrading, and backing up Nokia components.
- Determine the licensing process for VPN-1 NGX.
- Configure VRRP and SVRRP.