Korn and Bash Shell Programming
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Learn effective methods to create and use KornShell and Bourne Again SHell (bash) scripts and utilities. Shell scripts are often the key to becoming a productive AIX or Linux system administrator. During this course you will write simple programs that demonstrate your ability to write shell scripts in either an AIX or Linux environment.
Basic programming concepts are not taught in this course.
This course is designed for System administrators of Unix and Linux systems, application developers, programmers and anyone intending to write Korn or Bash shell scripts.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Distinguish Korn Shell and Bash Shell specific features
- Use utilities such as sed and awk to manipulate data
- Understand system shell scripts, such as /etc/shutdown
- Write useful shell scripts to aid system administration
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Basic shell concepts (7 topics)
- Shell variables and positional parameters
- Flow control in a shell script
- Testing of return codes and traps
- Functions and typeset
- Shell features such as arithmetic and string handling
- Using regular expressions
- Using grep, sed, awk and other AIX utilities
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .