Korn and Bash Shell Programming
This course has been retired. The AIX Korn Shell Programming course is recommended as a possible alternative.
Basic shell concepts (7 topics)
- Shell variables and positional parameters
- Flow control in a shell script
- Testing of return codes and traps
- Functions and typeset
- Shell features such as arithmetic and string handling
- Using regular expressions
- Using grep, sed, awk and other AIX utilities
You should complete: - AIX 5L Basics (AU13) or - a Linux Basics course or understand the programming fundamentals of variables and flow control concepts, such as repetition and decision, or have working knowledge of UNIX or Linux, including the use of the vi editor, manipulating files and directories, basic variables, piping and redirection, and the find and grep commands.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.