Implementing POWER6, Virtualization and AIX 6.1 for POWER5/AIX 5L Administrators
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course is designed to introduce the students to the features available with POWER6 Hardware, Hardware Management Console (HMC) v7, and an AIX 6 environment. This is accomplished by discussing the details associated with the POWER6 hardware and the AIX version 6 operating system. The hands-on labs provide additional exposure to the new environment.
This course is intended for AIX technical support individuals (system administrators, engineers, architects) responsible for purchasing, managing, and planning an IBM System p POWER6 server running the AIX 5L V5.3 TL6 (or greater) operating system with an HMC at version 7.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss the POWER6 Hardware Architecture
- Explore the HMC Version 7 Interface - Discuss and configure the new approaches to virtualization such as
- Workload Partitions and Live Application Mobility
- Discuss and configure virtualization enhancements such as Dedicated Shared Processor and Multiple
- Shared pools (if supported)
- Identify new security features
- Discuss continuous availability options such as storage keys, and concurrent AIX Kernel update
- Discuss the difference betwteen AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1 Use IBM Systems Director for System p Administration
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Overview (11 topics)
- Overview of POWER6 Features
- Hardware Management Console Version 7
- Integrated Virtual Ethernet
- Processor Virtualization Enhancements
- VIOS Enhancements
- Partition Mobility
- AIX Version 6.1 Overview
- Workload Partitions
- AIX 6 Security Features
- IBM Systems Director Console for AIX
- LINUX on POWER6
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning
Learn the skills for IBM's System p POWER6-based systems with the Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning 5-day training course.