iSeries RPG IV Programming - Fundamentals
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Developers who are familiar with programming in any High Level Language (HLL), but who are new to iSeries RPG IV will find this course the ideal introduction
This is the first in a series of three courses designed for programmers who are new to RPG IV. Basic programming experience is required.
The student may have attended at least an introductory course to programming such as those available at colleges/universities. The student will not be taught the concepts of programming.
This course is NOT designed for RPG III (RPG/400) programmers who wish to develop RPG IV skills. (See the OE85GB course for further details.)
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Write RPG IV programs to produce reports
- Write simple RPG IV enquiry programs that interact with displays
- Use the editor to enter and modify source code
- Compile source code to create RPG IV programs
- Review compilation listings to find and correct any compilation errors
- Maintain existing applications written in RPG IV language
- Use the Debugger tool to determine the cause of incorrect results
- Use many popular RPG IV Built in Functions
NOTE: This course focusses entirely on the latest features of the RPG IV language, (Version 5 compiler) and the techniques that this compiler provides.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
iSeries RPG IV Programming (11 topics)
- CODE/400 Tutorial
- RPG IV Introduction
- Coding Specifications for RPG IV
- Data Representation and Definition
- Manipulating Data in Calculations
- Printing from an RPG IV Program
- Using the Debugger
- Structured Programming and Subroutines
- Accessing the DB2 Database Using RPG IV
- Coding enquiry Programs
- What's Next?