iSeries RPG IV Programming - Advanced
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
A comprehensive exposure to some of the advanced features and functions of the language for experienced RPG IV programmers. Power-programming for the discerning!
This course is the third in a series of three courses designed for programmers who are new to RPG IV. Basic programming experience using RPG IV is essential.
Experienced RPG/400 programmers who have recently migrated to the RPG IV language will also find this course important to their continued skills development.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Use address pointers and user spaces in RPG IV programs
- Write database triggers in RPG IV
- Develop ILE modular objects and package them in service programs
- Explain the purpose of ILE Activation Groups
- Explain the behavior of Error Handling and Percolation in ILE
- Code an ILE Error Handling program
- Call iSeries APIs from RPG IV programs
- Describe how to use CGI in RPG IV for web applications
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
iSeries RPG IV (8 topics)
- Basic API Programming
- RPG IV Features
- Leveraging DB2 UDB Database Features
- Advanced ILE Topics
- ILE Error Handling and Condition Handlers
- ILE CEE API Programming
- Basic Web Enablement
- Other RPG IV Compiler Features
Before attending this course, the student should be able to: Code subfile-processing programs in RPG IV Employ error-handling features of the RPG IV language. Describe the basic concepts of ILE and modular program design. Use free-format coding techniques Write date-processing routines which employ built-in functions These skills can be developed by attending the following courses: AS06 - iSeries RPG IV Programming - Fundamentals AS07 - iSeries RPG IV Programming - Intermediate Alternatively, experienced RPG/400 programmers should have attended the course: OE85 - Moving to the RPG IV Programming Language
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.