Accessing the iSeries Database Using SQL
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
SQL for the iSeries - A practical introduction to the use of this powerful query and manipulation language for accessing and maintaining the DB2 UDB for iSeries database. This course is a prerequisite to CF13GB which can be used to extend your knowledge of SQL.
This course is suitable for experienced iSeries users and programmers new to the SQL language who wish to take advantage of its facilities for accessing DB2 UDB for iSeries.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Use Data Definition Language (DDL)
- Use Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- Use the SELECT statement to extract data
- Code queries that use SQL functions
- Access multiple tables using database joins
- Describe the features of SQL query tools
NOTE: Not recommended if you wish to produce simple analyses, the Query Workshop (AS01) provides a suitable introduction to this end-user reproting tool.
Practical work: Each student will have a dedicated workstation to complete the numerous practical exercises. Sample solutions will also be provided.
Follow on Courses:
- AS01 - Query Workshop
- AS06 - RPG IV Programming - Fundamentals
- OL38 - Using SQL to Develop iSeries Applications
- CF13GB - DB2 SQL Workshop for experienced users
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
SQL history (10 topics)
- Concepts and terminology
- Review of SQL DDL and DML
- Using the STRSQL facility
- Ops Navigator for database access
- Extracting data using SELECT
- Column and Scalar functions
- JOIN and UNION operations
- Subquery and Subselect
- Database maintenance with SQL
- Query tools, (STRQM, QMF for Windows)
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .