i5/OS (OS/400) Technical Introduction
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Explore the features and facilities of i5/OS (OS/400). An introduction to the rich set of functions integrated with the i5 (iSeries) operating system, developing basic skills in the use of this unique server platform.
This course is suitable for IT managers, systems designers, analysts/programmers, system architects, technical support staff, systems supervisors/managers - anyone requiring a technical introduction to the i5 (iSeries). (Operations personnel should attend the AS24 course.)
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Describe i5/OS object and library concepts.
- Create and manipulate common objects such as libraries, output queues and job descriptions.
- Manage the work environment through system menus and commands.
- Use iNavigator to manage system functions such as printing.
- Describe how the i5 (iSeries) handles work flow, system security, and messaging.
- Use interactive SQL and iNavigator to create and maintain database objects.
- Write a basic Control Language (CL) program to control application flow..
- Use various host and client tools/utilities for greater productivity.
NOTE: This is an intensive course focussed on developing practical skills with the i5(iSeries) platform. Flexibility for early/late working will enable attendees to gain most benefit from the numerous exercises.
Practical work: Each student will have a dedicated workstation to complete the numerous practical exercises. Sample solutions will be provided.
The OL49I course is a "spring board" for an entire range of courses aimed at technical, programming and support roles.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Technical Introduction (9 topics)
- Overview and basic concepts
- i5 (iSeries) Navigator
- Managing Work Flow
- Commands, Profiles and Libraries
- Control Language (CL) programming
- Message handling
- DB2 UDB integrated database for i5 (iSeries) and SQL
- Tools and Utilities
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Introduction to IBM eServer i5 and iSeries for New Users
1 Day IBM Server Course - Introduction into eServer i5 and iSeries Servers, Learn basic concepts and skills needed to use iSeries ServersClassroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online