iSeries Availability and Recovery
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
For business continuity planners complete tour of iSeries availability and recovery options and how to employ them for your own backup and recovery plan.
This course is suitable for those who have responsibility for planning, implementing, maintaining, managing or supervising the Availability and Recovery on an AS/400.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the Availability and Recovery options of the AS/400
- State which of these options are most suitable to their own situation.
- Plan and implement a suitable Availability and Recovery strategy.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Save/restore facilities (9 topics)
- Save While Active
- Access Path Journaling
- System Maintained Access Path Journaling (SMAPP)
- Auxiliary Storage Pools
- Device Parity Protection (DPP or 'RAID')
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) and Battery Backup
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
iSeries Advanced System Operator for System i
A 3-day Training Course on iSeries covering advanced operations. This course is recommended for those looking to further the operational skills of this system.
i5/OS (OS/400) Technical Introduction
3 Day IBM Course on i5 OS/400 - Introductory Course on the functions integrated with the i5 Series Operating System.
iSeries System Operator
4 Day IBM iSeries Course on System Operations - Develop skills required on a day-to-day basis to run operations on the iSeries system.