SAN Volume Controller (SVC) Planning and Implementation Workshop
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Leverage networked storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence - the SAN Volume Controller (SVC) - to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. Focus on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the SVC into the Storage Area Network (SAN). Centralize storage provisioning to host servers from common storage pools. Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualized to the virtualized environment. Utilize network-level storage subsystem independent data replication services to satisfy backup and disaster recovery requirements.
This course is suitable for Systems Administrators, Architects and Specialists for storage solutions.
At the end of the session, the attendees will have a good knowledge on:
- The Virtualization principles, technologies, components, architectures.
- The session presentations and hands-on will be focused on the implementation of the IBM SVC (SAN Volume Controller).
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Storage Virutalization (8 topics)
- SAN Volume Controller Presentation (Architecture, Functionalities, Supported configurations, Product Positioning)
- SAN Integration Server Overview
- SVC Initial Installation and back-end Storage Configuration
- SVC Command Line Interface and GUI administration
- Host attachment
- Data Migration
- SVC Copy Services
- SVC Management with the Master Console