Installing, Configuring and Servicing z/VM for Linux Guests
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Learn to perform a basic I/O configuration, initial install, configure the CP component, define and save segment, configure TCPIP, and apply service to your z/VM system for the support of Linux guest operating systems.
This course is intended to be taken by S/390 system programmers new to z/VM or ESA/VM or system programmers who will be responsible for the implementation of a z/VM system for the support of Linux Guest System.
You will learn how to install and tailor z/VM and how to do an initial installation, tailor your system files to match your installation, use the Control Program (CP) configurability support, and build the CP nucleus as a module. Learn how to update your CP system directory, define and save CMS, and regenerate your saved segments using Virtual Machine Serviceability Enhancements Staged/Extended (VMSES/E). Become familiar with the TCP/IP feature of z/VM and how it connects to the intranet or internet and to guest Linux systems. Learn to apply corrective service to a z/VM system using the native VMSES/E commands and using the SERVICE and PUT2PROD EXEC. Use the VMFINFO command to determine if a PTF has been applied.
Use the z/VM system editor
- Plan the initial installation of your z/VM system
- Modify the system configuration files
- Generate new entries in the system directory
- Configure the IOCP/ HCD / HCM definitions
- IPL and manage the z/VM system
- Configure the TCP/IP service machines
- Discuss system management commands
- Construct Saved Systems and Saved Segments
- Apply Service Processes to the z/VM system
- Execute the VM Service Commands for regeneration of the system
- Planning and logging local modifications to your z/VM system.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
z/VM overview (12 topics)
- Installing z/VM
- z/VM user directory
- VMSES/E overview
- Tailoring CP
- Tailoring the CP system definition files
- Dynamically defining devices
- Defining devices to the hardware (IOCP, HCD, HCM)
- z/VM saved segments
- Setup the TCP/IP service machines for connection to the internet
- Apply corrective service to your z/VM system using the Service Exec
- Apply corrective service to your z/VM system using native VMSES/E commands
- Understand the process of performing local modifications.