z/VM and Linux Connectivity and Management
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Linux Training Courses.
Advanced topics in z/VM 4.4.0 (1 topic)
- Learn advanced topics in z/VM 4.4.0 in two major areas, connectivity and systems management. Discuss the implementation of advanced TCP/IP functions and reinforce them through extensive hands-on labs.
Connectivity (1 topic)
- Discuss connectivity functions including HiperSockets, guest LANs, OBEYFILE, static and dynamic routing, MPROUTE server, Queued Direct Input/Output (QDIO) and Open System Adapter (OSA) connectivity options. Implement system management functions including, Programmable Operator, OBSERVER and CP SEND, XAUTOLOG/FORCE, Resource Managment Facility Linux performance gatherer (rmfpms), Performance Toolkit for VM, and MONWRITE
Monitor Commands (7 topics)
- Performance management commands
- Performance toolkit for VM - full screen operator console
- Programmable operator operations
- TCP/IP configuration of Guest LANs and HiperSockets
- TCP/IP MPROUTE server
- TCP/IP management.
Installing, Configuring and Servicing z/VM for Linux Guests (ZV06GB) Linux Implementation for zSeries and S/390 (ZL10GB) or Understand the basic TCP/IP configuration process Understand basic system programmer skills and tools Have equivalent experience.