z/VM and Linux Connectivity and Management
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Perform TCP/IP tailoring of HiperSockets and guest Local Area Networks (LAN) in support of Linux guest systems. Explore the configuration of Multiple Protocol Routing (MPROUTE) to support dynamic routing in the z/VM TCP/IP environment, the installation and configuration of RealTime Monitor (RTM), the Performance Toolkit for VM, and Programmable Operator for the system management of the z/VM environment.
This course is suitable for Open system administrators and z/OS system programmers new to z/VM or ESA/VM responsible for the implementation and management of TCP/IP and the z/VM system in support of Linux guest systems.
- Use the OBEYFILE command to reconfigure the TCP/IP environment
- Define HiperSockets and guest LANs for TCP/IP
- Discuss the benefits of dynamic routing versus static routing
- Describe the purpose of the MPROUTE server in the TCP/IP environment
- Configure TCP/IP in support of guest LANs for z/VM and Linux
- Configure the MPROUTE server for z/VM
- Implement the multiple TCP/IP stack environment on z/VM
- Define and save the monitor Discontiguous Saved Segment (DCSS)
- Collect Monitor data using the MONITOR and MONWRITE commands
- Install and configure the mfpms
- Configure the performance toolkit for VM
- Define Programmable Operator facilities for z/VM to trap for messages and implement task based upon those messages
- Use OBSERVER and CP SET commands to manage disconnected service machines.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Advanced topics in z/VM 4.4.0 (1 topic)
- Learn advanced topics in z/VM 4.4.0 in two major areas, connectivity and systems management. Discuss the implementation of advanced TCP/IP functions and reinforce them through extensive hands-on labs.
Connectivity (1 topic)
- Discuss connectivity functions including HiperSockets, guest LANs, OBEYFILE, static and dynamic routing, MPROUTE server, Queued Direct Input/Output (QDIO) and Open System Adapter (OSA) connectivity options. Implement system management functions including, Programmable Operator, OBSERVER and CP SEND, XAUTOLOG/FORCE, Resource Managment Facility Linux performance gatherer (rmfpms), Performance Toolkit for VM, and MONWRITE
Monitor Commands (7 topics)
- Performance management commands
- Performance toolkit for VM - full screen operator console
- Programmable operator operations
- TCP/IP configuration of Guest LANs and HiperSockets
- TCP/IP MPROUTE server
- TCP/IP management.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Installing, Configuring and Servicing z/VM for Linux Guests
Course on Servicing z/VM Linux - Learn to install and tailor z/VM, do initial installation, and use Control Program (CP) configurability support.Scheduled Online Onsite