Nortel ERS Support Specialist Boot Camp
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This five day intensive workshop is a combination of Routing theory and practical Switch configuration. Students will learn how routing is implemented in the Nortel switch range as well as investigating Core and Edge routing scenarios.
The course divides into 2 key areas:
- Routing Protocols & Theory - OSPF, RIP, BGP etc.
- Switch Configuration - Small, Medium & Large Campus solutions
The Bootcamp is designed to appeal to engineers who need to renew their certification as well as students experienced with other vendors who are new to the Nortel Ethernet Routing Switches.
This bootcamp replaces the need to attend the following Nortel courses: 6702, 6721
By the end of the training you will be able to :
- Discuss the mechanism of IP Routing
- Explain the Use of different Route types e.g. Static & Alternate
- Describe & configure RIP, OSPF, VRRP, BGP
- Describe the benefits of IPv6 over IPv4
- Use the different access methods for the configuring Nortel Ethernet Routing Switches
- Install & Configure Nortel Ethernet Routing Switches
- Following this course will prepare you for the following exams related to the NCSS Nortel Converged Campus ERS Installation & Configuration
- Nortel Data Networking Technology 920-805
- Nortel Converged Campus ERS Installation & Configuration 920-221
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Support Specialist Boot Camp (8 topics)
- The difference between Routing and Switching and how this can be beneficial
- Routing Protocols and how to select the correct applications
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Installation of ERS equipment
- Configuration of ERS for Edge & Core Campus applications
- Switch Clustering