Effective Time Management
This course has been replaced by a newer Time Management course.
Is there really anything new? (1 topic)
- Dr. Samuel Johnson: People "more frequently require to be reminded than informed."
Can you really keep up?
Dealing with procrastination - Do it now! (1 topic)
- "The now habit"
Conflicting advice - why so many choices?
How to discover your real priorities
How to make time for your priorities (3 topics)
- ABC analysis
- Pareto analysis
How to set goals - self management
Tools and techniques for planning and scheduling time
Tracking techniques - activity logs
Ignore the noise! (8 topics)
- How to manage your e-mail
- Empty your Inbox or keep the count near zero
- It's all about three folders: Action, Archive, and Hold
- Telephone techniques
- One-on-one encounters
- Step away from the computer!
- Focus on the present
- Pay attention! (Ignore all the beeps and blats)
To-do lists that work! (task list vs. priority list) (15 topics)
- Getting things done - the four criteria model
- Setting deadlines
- Purge, simplify, and organize
- Dealing with change
- How to deal with interruptions
- How to carve out your "me time"
- How to say "no" and still live to work another day
- Delegation techniques
- How to "decompose" your work into achievable, actionable byte-sized pieces (action plans)
- Understanding when you are at your best
- When to use technology and when not to
- How to work with other people to achieve common goals
- Set aside time for. nothing (catching the brain-rain)
- Get enough: sleep, exercise, food, rest, play (It's all about balance!)
- Overwork (burnout bound!)
Before attending this course delegates must thave the following skills or knowledge before attending this course; PMP certification Introduction to Project Management IT Risk Management Applied Project Management PMP® Exam Prep Boot Camp