ITIL Service Lifecycle: Continual Service Improvement
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. It covers the lifecycle aspects of Continual Service Improvement (CSI) and covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the CSI stage. Additionally the course looks at the concept of CSI as a practice and at the interfaces between CSI and the other stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams. It is suitable for individuals who require a deeper understanding of the CSI stage of the Service Lifecycle. It offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate.
The exam is gradient, scenario based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%).
- The purpose of the CSI course is to obtain knowledge on ITIL® concepts and terminology. The course looks at activities that may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation and enables students to understand the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in CSI. It also aims to give a detailed management/business level understanding of the ITIL® CSI phase of the ITIL® core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation.
- The course aims to explain the roles and justify the need of CSI in the Service Lifecycle.
- The course prepares delegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Continual Service Improvement.
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Continual Service Improvement phase of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation.
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a Continual Service Improvement environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master if IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (7 topics)
- Introduction to Continual Service Improvement
- Continual Service Improvement Principles and Process
- Continual Service Improvement Methods and Techniques
- Organisation for Continual Service Improvement
- Technology for Continual Service Improvement
- Implementation Considerations
- Critical success factions and risk involved in Continual Service Improvement.
You will receive electronic pre-course reading. Delegates should spend a minimum half an hour reviewing the document and are encouraged to explore all of the links provided for further reading. Success on the course will be enhanced by candidates spending at least 12 hours on reviewing their ITIL Foundation material prior to attending one of the ITIL Intermediate courses
Possession of one of the following is mandatory. Proof of these prerequisities SHOULD be uploaded onto the peoplecert website when you register for the exam and in any case before any exam results will be officially released by the exam board.
- ITIL v3, 2011 or v4 Foundation.
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.