ITIL Service Lifecycle: Service Design
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. It covers the lifecycle aspects of Service Design and covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Design stage of the lifecycle but not the detail of each of the supporting processes (which are covered in detail in the capability courses). Additionally the course looks at the concept of Service Design as a practice and at the interfaces between Service Design and the other stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams. The course is suitable for individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Design stage of the Service Lifecycle. It offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate.
The exam is gradient, scenario based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%).
- The purpose of the Service Design course is to obtain knowledge on ITIL® concepts and terminology. The courses looks at the activities required to Design services. It explains the 5 major elements of Service
- Design and how this can enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation. The course also aims to enable students to understand the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Design
- The course aims to explain the roles and justify the need of Service Design in the Service Lifecycle.
- The course prepares delegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Service Design.
- Managers who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management certificate and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Managers who require a practical understanding of the Service Design processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service within an organisation
- Operational staff involved in Service Catalogue Management, Service Level Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, and Supplier Management, who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Service Design (5 topics)
- The purpose, goals and objectives of service design
- The scope of service design
- The business value of service design activities
- The context of service design in the ITIL service lifecycle
- Service design inputs and outputs and the contents and use of the service design package and service acceptance criteria
Service Design Principles (4 topics)
- Design service solutions related to a customer's needs
- Design and utilize the service portfolio to enhance business value
- The measurement systems and metrics
- Service design models to accommodate different service solutions
Service Design Processes (3 topics)
- The interaction of service design processes:
- The flow of service design as it relates to the business and customer
- The five design aspects and how they are incorporated into the service design process
Service Design Technology-related Activities (2 topics)
- Requirements engineering in the design process and utilizing the three types of requirements as identified for any system; functional, management/operations and usability
- The design of technical architectures for data and information management, and application management
Organising for Service Design (2 topics)
- How to design, implement and populate a RACI diagram for any process that is within the scope of IT service management
- The service design roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used and how a service design organization would be structured to use these roles
Technology Considerations (2 topics)
- Service design related service management tools, where and how they would be used
- The benefits and types of tools that support service design
Implementation and Improvement of Service Design (2 topics)
- The six-stage implementation/improvement cycle and how the activities in each stage of the cycle are applied
- How business impact analysis, service level requirements and risk assessment can affect service design solutions
Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks (1 topic)
- Be able to provide insight and guidance for design challenges, risks and critical success factors
You will receive electronic pre-course reading. Delegates should spend a minimum half an hour reviewing the document and are encouraged to explore all of the links provided for further reading. Success on the course will be enhanced by candidates spending at least 12 hours on reviewing their ITIL Foundation material prior to attending one of the ITIL Intermediate courses
Possession of one of the following is mandatory. Proof of these prerequisities SHOULD be uploaded onto the peoplecert website when you register for the exam and in any case before any exam results will be officially released by the exam board.
- ITIL v3, 2011 or v4 Foundation.
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.