ITIL Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. It covers the lifecycle aspects of Service Strategy and covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Strategy stage of the lifecycle but not the detail of each of the supporting processes (which are covered in detail in the capability courses). Additionally the course looks at the concept of Service Strategy as a practice and at the interfaces between Service Strategy and the other stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams. The course is suitable for individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Strategy stage of the Service Lifecycle. It offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate or equivalent.
The exam is gradient, scenario based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%).
- The purpose of the Service Strategy course is to obtain knowledge on ITIL® concepts and terminology.
- The course looks at activities that may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation and enables students to understand the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy
- The course aims to look at strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, to enable an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy. It also aims to describe strategic perspectives, plans, positions and patterns as applied to service management and IT.
- The course prepares delegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Service Strategy.
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning.
- Individuals in leadership roles that are engaged in managing and coordinating activities within the Service Lifecycle and who are responsible for integrating these activities into a strategic framework.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management, and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a practical understanding of the Service Strategy processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service within an organisation
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Service Strategy (4 topics)
- The purpose, goals and objectives of service strategy
- The scope of service strategy
- The value to the business
- The context of service strategy in relation to all other lifecycle stages
Service Strategy Principles (4 topics)
- The ability to decide on a service strategy
- How to utilize the four P' of service strategy
- How to define services, create value and leverage the combined use of utility and warranty
- How to use service economics and sourcing strategies when meeting business outcomes
Service Strategy Processes (2 topics)
- The management level concepts for the five service strategy processes and how they flow and integrate with the lifecycle
- The purpose, scope and objectives of each service strategy process and how they link to value for the business
Governance (1 topic)
- The ability to analyse IT governance and use it to set strategy by leveraging governance frameworks and bodies
Organising for Service Strategy (3 topics)
- The ability to create an organisational design using the relevant development and departmental methods.
- Technology considerations
- Understand the relevance and opportunities for service automation and the importance and application of technology interfaces across the lifecycle
Implementing Service Strategy (1 topic)
- Develop implementation strategies that follow a lifecycle approach (e.g. design, transition,operation and improvement, programmes)
Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks (1 topic)
- The ability to provide insight and guidance for strategic challenges, risks and critical success factors
You will receive electronic pre-course reading. Delegates should spend a minimum half an hour reviewing the document and are encouraged to explore all of the links provided for further reading. Success on the course will be enhanced by candidates spending at least 12 hours on reviewing their ITIL Foundation material prior to attending one of the ITIL Intermediate courses
Possession of one of the following is mandatory. Proof of these prerequisities SHOULD be uploaded onto the peoplecert website when you register for the exam and in any case before any exam results will be officially released by the exam board.
- ITIL v3, 2011 or v4 Foundation.
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.