ITIL Service Lifecycle: Service Operation
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. It covers the lifecycle aspects of Service Operation including - Service Operations principals, activities and technology considerations. It also gives an overview of the Service Operation Processes and Functions. Additionally the course looks at the interfaces between Service Operation and the other stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams. The course is suitable for individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Operation stage of the Service Lifecycle. It offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate or equivalent.
The exam is gradient, scenario based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%).
- The purpose of the Service Operation course is to obtain knowledge on ITIL® concepts and terminology.
- The course also examines organizational issues including functions, groups and teams, department operational health process structures that will enable role focused capability and competency in support of the Service Lifecycle approach as described in ITIL®.
- The course prepares delegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Service Operation
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management,and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a understanding of Service Operation and how it enhances the quality of IT service within an organisation
- Anyone involved in the ongoing management, coordination or integration of operational activities within the Service Lifecycle
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Service Operation (4 topics)
- The purpose, objectives and scope of service operation
- The value to the business
- The context of service operation in the ITIL service lifecycle
- The fundamental aspects of service operation and the ability to define them
Service Operation Principles (3 topics)
- How an understanding of the basic conflict between maintaining the status quo and adapting to changes in business needs can lead to better service operation
- Other service operation principles including: involvement in other lifecycle stages; understanding operational health; the need for good documentation and communication including a communication strategy
- Service operation inputs and outputs.
Service Operation Processes (1 topic)
- The use, interaction and value of each of the service operation processes: event management,incident management, request fulfilment, problem management, and access management.
Common Service Operation Activities (4 topics)
- How the common activities of service operation are co-ordinated for the ongoing management of the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
- How monitoring, reporting and control of the services contributes to the ongoing management of the services and the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
- How the operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle stages contribute to service operation
- How IT operations staff should look for opportunities to improve the operational activities
Organizing for Service Operation (2 topics)
- The role, objectives and activities of each of the four functions of service operation: service desk,technical management, IT operations management, and application management
- Service operation roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used as well as how a service operation organization would be structured to use these roles.
Technology Considerations (2 topics)
- The generic requirements of technologies that support service management across all lifecycle stages
- The specific technology required to support the service operation processes and functions
Implementation of Service Operation (2 topics)
- Specific issues relevant to implementing service operation including: managing change in service operation; assessing and managing risk in service operation; operations staff involvement in service design and service transition
- Planning and implementing service management technologies within a company.
Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks (1 topic)
- The challenges (e.g. engagement with staff outside service operation, justifying funding), critical success factors (e.g. management and business support, staff retention) and risks (e.g. loss of service) related to service operation.
You will receive electronic pre-course reading. Delegates should spend a minimum half an hour reviewing the document and are encouraged to explore all of the links provided for further reading. Success on the course will be enhanced by candidates spending at least 12 hours on reviewing their ITIL Foundation material prior to attending one of the ITIL Intermediate courses
Possession of one of the following is mandatory. Proof of these prerequisities SHOULD be uploaded onto the peoplecert website when you register for the exam and in any case before any exam results will be officially released by the exam board.
- ITIL v3, 2011 or v4 Foundation.
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|