ITIL Service Lifecycle: Service Transition
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. It covers the lifecycle aspects of Service Transition and covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Transition stage of the lifecycle but not the detail of each of the supporting processes (which are covered in detail in the capability courses). Additionally the course looks at the concept of Service Transition as a practice and at the interfaces between Service Transition and the other stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams. It is suitable for individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Transition stage of the Service Lifecycle. It offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate or equivalent.
The exam is gradient, scenario based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%).
- The purpose of the Service Transition course is to obtain knowledge on ITIL® concepts and terminology.
- The courses looks at activities that may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation and enables students to understand the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Transition.
- The course aims to explain the roles and justify the need of Service Transition in the Service Lifecycle.
- The course prepares delegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Service Transition.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management, and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications including ITIL Expert and ITIL Master
- Individuals who require a understanding of Service Transition and how it enhances the quality of IT service within an organisation
- Anyone involved in the ongoing management, coordination or integration of Transitional activities within the Service Lifecycle
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Service Transition (3 topics)
- The purpose, goals and objectives of service transition
- The scope of service transition and ways that service transition adds value to the business
- The context of service transition in relation to all other lifecycle stages
Service Transition Principles (3 topics)
- Service transition policies, principles and best practices for service transition
- How to use metrics to ensure the quality of a new or changed service and the effectiveness and efficiency of service transition
- The inputs to and outputs from service transition as it interfaces with the other service lifecycle phases
Service Transition Processes (1 topic)
- A management perspective of the purpose and value of the service transition processes, how they integrate within service transition and how they interface with other lifecycle phases
Managing People Through Service Transitions (3 topics)
- How to address and manage the communication and commitment aspects of service transition
- How to manage organizational and stakeholder change
- How to develop a stakeholder management strategy, map and analyse stakeholders and monitor changes in stakeholder commitment
Organizing for Service Transition (4 topics)
- How the technical and application management functions interface with service transition
- The interfaces that exist between service transition and other organizational units (including programmes, projects, service design and suppliers) and the handover points required to ensure delivery of new or change services within the agreed schedule
- Service transition roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used, as well as examples of how small or larger service transition organizations would be structured to use these roles
- Why service transition needs service design and service operation, what it uses from them and how
Service Transition Technology Considerations (2 topics)
- Technology requirements that support the service transition stage and its integration into the service lifecycle
- Types of knowledge management, service asset and configuration management and workflow tools that can be used to support service transition
Implementing and improving service transition (2 topics)
- The key activities for introducing an integrated service transition approach into an organization
- The design, creation, implementation and use of service transition in a virtual or cloud environment
Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks (1 topic)
- Be able to provide insight and guidance for service transition challenges, risks and critical success factors
You will receive electronic pre-course reading. Delegates should spend a minimum half an hour reviewing the document and are encouraged to explore all of the links provided for further reading. Success on the course will be enhanced by candidates spending at least 12 hours on reviewing their ITIL Foundation material prior to attending one of the ITIL Intermediate courses
Possession of one of the following is mandatory. Proof of these prerequisities SHOULD be uploaded onto the peoplecert website when you register for the exam and in any case before any exam results will be officially released by the exam board.
- ITIL v3, 2011 or v4 Foundation.
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.