M6428: Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to configure, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot a Terminal Services (TS) environment. The course focuses on configuring of TS core functionality, licensing, Gateway, and Web Access.
This is the second course in the Windows Application Platform Services Technology Specialists Who Use Windows Server 2008 curriculum and will introduce the students to the Windows 2008 Terminal Services. It is intended for those who primary role is a Technology Specialist in an enterprise environment. Also, individuals who are assuming a new role requiring skills to manage connections served by a terminal server session over the intranet, extranet, and Internet would be interested in this course.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure the TS role.
- Configure TS settings.
- Identify the appropriate licensing scope and configure forest, domain, and workgroup licensing.
- Identify when to use the per-user and per-device licensing modes.
- Install the TS Licensing Role.
- Configure TS licensing for per-user and device licenses.
- Manage the licensing lifecycle.
- Configure TS connection properties using TS console and Group Policy.
- Troubleshoot TS connection properties for a single user and multiple users.
- Identify the considerations for the types of applications that can be installed in a TS environment.
- Install applications on TS.
- Configure TS Web Access to make TS RemoteApp programs available through a Web site.
- Configure TS Easy Print.
- Install and configure TS Web Access role service.
- Configure a TS session broker for a load-balanced TS farm.
- Configure TS Gateway properties
- Monitor active connections using TS Gateway console.
- Troubleshoot a TS Gateway connectivity issue.
- Manage TS connections to ensure availability of the TS.
- Resolve client connectivity issues by verifying end-user configuration using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).
- Monitor TS connections to determine when to force client disconnect.
- Identify monitoring methods for TS services role.
- Configure resource allocation policies using WSRM based on the environment.
- Monitor WSRM performance using the WSRM Monitoring TS tool.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Configuring Terminal Services Core Functionality (2 topics)
- Configuring TS Role
- Configuring TS Settings
Configuring and Managing Terminal Services Licensing (2 topics)
- Managing TS License
- Manage the licensing lifecycle
Configuring and Troubleshooting Terminal Services Connections (3 topics)
- Configuring TS Connection Properties
- Configuring TS Properties Using Group Policy
- Troubleshooting TS
Configuring Terminal Services Resources (2 topics)
- Configuring Remote Applications
- Configuring Printers
Configuring Terminal Services Web Access (1 topic)
- Installing the TS Web Access Role Service
Configuring Session Broker (1 topic)
- Configuring a TS Session Broker for a Load-Balanced Farm
Configuring and Troubleshooting Terminal Services Gateway (2 topics)
- Configuring TS Gateway
- Troubleshooting TS Gateway Connectivity Issues
Managing and Monitoring Terminal Services (3 topics)
- Managing Current TS Connections
- Monitoring TS Connections
- Configuring WSRM for TS
Course 6420 Foundational Series: Fundamentals of a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure and Application Platform Or Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server experience in an enterprise environment Minimum of one year of experience administering and supporting TS Minimum of one year of experience administering and supporting Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2003 R2 Minimum of one year of administering certificate services Network + certification
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
CompTIA Network+ Certification Support Skills
A 5-day Training Course on Network+ Certification Support Skills 2015 Objectives; This practical course is intended for those wishing to qualify with Network+ Certification.
M6420: Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008
5 day instructor led training course on the fundamentals of Windows Server 2008.Scheduled Online Onsite