Getting It Right In Print
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This one day course is divided into two halves. The morning is spent at Media Training demystifying the techniques and terminology used in the print and design industry. The second half of the day is spent at an award-winning printers to see how the whole print process works.
You will also discover how to buy print effectively and how to schedule a print workflow so that everyone involved knows what they have to do and when. The course provides a practical knowledge of all aspects of project planning and workflow as well as a clear understanding of the print process.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction (1 topic)
- A guide to terminology
Print processes (1 topic)
- Discuss the four main print processes and which one to use for different types of print job
Paper issues (2 topics)
- What kind of paper to use
- Coated vs uncoated
Briefing a designer (1 topic)
- How to brief a designer, photographer or printer and how to get the best prices
Supplier contracts (1 topic)
- Who owns what and why?
Planning and budgeting (1 topic)
- Planning the sequence of events for your job. Following our plan will help to eliminate mistakes
Output (3 topics)
- Proof reading
- Process and spot colours
- Solving common print problems
PM: At the printers (1 topic)
- Brief overview of the litho process
Workflow (1 topic)
- Follow the progress of a job from finished artwork to print
The repro process (5 topics)
- What the printer needs
- What does repro mean?
- How films are made
- The proofing process chromalin, wet proofs etc
- Platemaking, how plates are made
Printing (1 topic)
- Walk through the final stages of the print process, see the presses roll and how they work
Finishing (1 topic)
- This can include creasing, laminating, saddle-stitching and perfect binding