UNIX Shell Programming
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This Unix Shell Programming training course is designed to give delegates practical experience in developing and writing UNIX shell scripts Most of the built-in shell commands are introduced together with the main program control structures. This course is not suitable for C shell programmers.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Writing simple scripts to enhance basic command output
- Using the various shell quoting mechanisms appropriately
- Manipulating shell variables and user-defined variables in scripts
- Implementing conditional execution facilities
- Using the shell's built-in loop constructs where appropriate
- Writing scripts to trap user interrupts
- User defined Functions
- Developing menu-driven shell scripts
Programmers, administrators and support personnel who need to understand existing shell scripts, automate procedures and write their own utilities.
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Topics covered in this course include: (12 topics)
- Shell Environment
- Customisation of the Environment
- Shell Program Structure
- Shell Program Execution
- Shell Variables
- Positional Parameters
- Special Shell Variables
- Shell Programming Statements
- Conditional Statements
- Looping Constructs
- Interrupt Handling
- Debugging Tools
Delegates should have attended UNIX Introduction (UI) or have similar knowledge and skills.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
A 3-day Training Course on UNIX Introduction; Teaches a working knowledge of the UNIX Operating System, vi editor, command structures & editor facilities.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.