APMP Examination Preparation Workshop
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The attainment of accreditations offered by professional bodies such as the Association for Project Management (APM) is increasingly seen as a recognised indicator of competence in project management. APM qualifications are aligned the International Project Management Association (IPMA) competency levels, and the APM Professional (APMP) qualification is recognised as IPMA Level D.This workshop provides delegates who have already acquired a solid understanding and practical experience of project management with a rapid route to the APM Professional examination (based on the APM Body of Knowledge, 5th Edition). It will enable delegates to understand the key elements of the APMP syllabus, get to grips with the specific examination language, and learn strategies and tactics for approaching the examination. Examination practice and feedback is included in the workshop.Delegates may choose to sit the APM Professional examination on the morning of the day after the course or at a later date. Those wishing to take this examination must also book on course code APMPEX-3 (or APMPEXR-3 if re-sitting the examination).
This is an intensive two-day workshop which combines presentations with individual and group practice of examination questions. Delegates will have the opportunity to raise and address examination topics of personal concern and will be expected to undertake some evening work at the end of both days.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Business Case and Benefits Management (1 topic)
- Why a business case; Typical contents; Cost benefit analysis; Appraisal methods; Payback; ROI; Discounting methods
Project Environment Context (1 topic)
- Understanding; PESTLE analysis
Programme and Portfolio Management (1 topic)
- Differences; Advantages and disadvantages
Project Life Cycle (1 topic)
- Uses; Benefits; Project and Product lifecycle; Requirements Management
Organisational Structure and Roles (1 topic)
- Stakeholder analysis; Key Roles; Setting expectations
Risk Management (1 topic)
- Risk management planning; Risks and Issues; Identification and assessment techniques; Mitigation options; Documentation
Work Breakdown Structures (1 topic)
- Product, work and organisational structures; Benefits
Configuration Management (1 topic)
- Principles; Roles; Techniques; Information management
Communications Management (1 topic)
- Communications planning; Rationale; Contents; Relationship with PMP
Change Control (1 topic)
- Scope and impact analysis; Authorisation; Effecting changes; Documentation
Health, Safety and Environment (1 topic)
- Roles and resposibilities; Project Management contribution; Health and Safety planning
Planning (1 topic)
- Network analysis; Critical path; Float and free float; Gantt chart; Resource histogram; Resource smaoothing and resource levelling
Quality Management (1 topic)
- Quality management systems; Total quality management; Quality planning; Quality assurance; Quailty control; The Quality Plan
Earned Value Management (1 topic)
- Understanding the terms; Use as a control mechanism; The various indices
Strategy/Project Management Plan (1 topic)
- Purpose and Objectives; Typical content; Ownership; Place in the project; Updating
Belbin and Team Building (1 topic)
- Review of Belbin roles; Tuckman model for team building; Other initiatives; Review of motivation models
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.