Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
No matter how skilful or qualified an individual is, if they are not motivated to perform well then the individual, team and the business suffers. Highly motivated people have more energy, are more productive and are emotionally well balanced. This course can be delivered as a stand alone course or form part of the 'management development programme'.
The Motivation Model (4 topics)
- This module generates an understanding of what motivates us:
- the cycle of motivation - needs, behaviour, outcomes
- extrinsic and intrinsic factors - understanding their effects
- the deeper structure of motivation - beliefs and values
Maslow Theory (4 topics)
- This module looks at the phases of motivation and their application within the workplace:
- being able to identify at what level the individual is operating
- communicating with the individual at their level
- assessing how to take them to the higher levels when appropriate
Hygiene Factors (5 topics)
- This module determines the hygiene factors and their effects on motivation and morale:
- what are hygiene factors?
- what happens when the hygiene factors change?
- working with individual and team hygiene factors
- customer hygiene factors
Managing and Using the Motivation Factors (5 topics)
- This module describes how to build individual motivation action plans:
- the importance of realising that everyone has different motivational needs
- individual versus team needs and how to get the balance correct
- avoiding the 'cloning effect' of motivation
- developing an individual motivation profile
The (4 topics)
- This module considers how to apply the motivators from the management perspective:
- what is the 'meba' principle?
- how it can create harmony and balance within the team
- using the meba principle to build trust and loyalty between manager and individual and between team members