Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
The Internet Scanner application provides automated network vulnerability assessment across servers, desktops, and infrastructure devices. Internet Scanner performs distributed or event-driven probes of network services, operating systems, routers/switches, servers, firewalls, and application routers to identify potential risks. Internet Scanner provides clear, concise risk management reports plus remediation advice and comprehensive trend analyses to support policy enforcement.
The Vulnerability Assessment training course introduces concepts, frameworks, methodologies and strategies that are effective in successfully using the Internet Scanner product. The course focuses on hands-on training supported by slide presentations, demonstrations, and lectures. The course starts with a general security and product overview. After developing an understanding of Internet Scanner and how it works in securing the network, the student develops scanning strategies, creates and modifies polices to fine-tune scans, and runs and analyzes reports.
Who Should Attend
Security professionals engaged in assessing security and securing information assets.
This course is in preparation for the Vulnerability Assessment exam.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Content (12 topics)
- Understanding the architecture and features in Internet Scanner 7.0
- Understanding the structured scanning methodology and levels of security used by Internet Scanner
- Understanding the implications and limitations of running a scan
- Identifying the appropriate location for Internet Scanner on a network
- Identifying best practices for scanning
- Working with Internet Scanner reports to prioritize vulnerabilities and take corrective actions
- Working with policies (using default policies; creating custom policies and FlexChecks; using baseline and reference policies) (Lab)
- Creating and saving sessions to scan for security risks (Lab)
- Using SmartScan to penetrate further into network vulnerabilities (Lab)
- Generating and analyzing Internet Scanner reports (Lab)
- Using FlexChecks (Lab)
- Using Open Database Connectivity (Lab)
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .