Programme & Project Support Office Essentials
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Programme and Project Support roles are becoming increasingly pivotal in their overall contribution to Programme and Project Management. For many years, the Project Management professionals who undertake these roles have been overlooked in terms of career development.
Please be aware, this course also provides 28 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification.
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the role of a PPSO
- Understand Programme and Project organisation structures
- Assist with estimating
- Understand planning and assist in the development of plans
- Understand Product Based Planning
- Understand and assist in the development of schedules using Network Diagrams, Gantt Charts and Resource Histograms
- Assist in identifying risks and the management of risks
- Understand the principles of Configuration Management and Change Control
- Assist with the management of programme and project documentation
- Understand the principles of Monitoring, Control and Reporting
- Successfully sit the BCS PPSO Foundation Certificate
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for those currently working in a PPSO or who plan to do so and who currently work in an IS environment.
Course Content (11 topics)
- Role of PPSO
- Programme & Project Organisation Structures
- Planning Overview
- Product Based Planning
- Scheduling - Networks
- Scheduling - Gantt Charts & Resource Histograms
- Risk Management
- Change Control & Configuration Management
- Monitoring, Control and Reporting
- Project Initiation
Delegates are advised that Photo ID must be brought to the examination (Driving License, Passport and named work ID badges are all acceptable). This is a BCS requirement and delegates will be turned away from the examination if ID is not produced.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|