OracleAS Portal 10g: Build Corporate Portals (Application Server)
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Oracle 12c Training Courses.
Introduction to OracleAS Portal (5 topics)
- Enterprise Portals
- Challenges Faced by the Page Designer and Content Contributor
- What is OracleAS Portal?
- Extensible Portal Framework
- OracleAS Portal Solution
Adding Content to Portal (5 topics)
- What is an Item?
- Identifying Item Types
- Adding Items to the Document Library
- Managing Items
- Accessing the Document Library Using WebDAV
Classifying Portal Content (5 topics)
- What is Content Metadata?
- Classifying Content in OracleAS Portal
- Designing Your Taxonomy
- Classifying Content Using Categories
- Organizing Content Using Perspectives
Implementing Custom Types (4 topics)
- What are Custom Types?
- Creating Custom Attributes
- Creating Custom Item Types
- Adding Custom Typed Content
Enabling Approval Routings and Notifications (6 topics)
- of the Approval Process
- Enabling Approvals and Notifications
- Creating an Approval Routing
- Overriding Default Approval Routing
- Adding Status and Notification Portlets to Portal Pages; Submitting an Item for Approval
- Approving and Rejecting Items
Building Portal Pages (8 topics)
- What is a Portal Page?
- Creating Pages and Sub-Pages
- Editing Pages
- What is a Region?
- What is a Portlet?
- Configuring Regions
- Adding Tabs
- Which Building Blocks Should I Use?
Sharing Portal Objects (8 topics)
- What are Shared Objects?
- Creating a Style
- Applying Styles
- Creating a Template
- Creating a Page Based on a Template
- What is a Navigation Page?
- Displaying Navigation Pages on Portal Pages
- Using Shared Objects Effectively
Enabling and Controlling Customization in Portal (8 topics)
- What is Customization?
- Customizing Pages
- Customizing Portlets
- Using Parameters
- Integrating Page and Portlet Parameters
- What is an Event?
- Responding to Events
- Accessing Portal Objects
Implementing Portal Search (8 topics)
- Identifying OracleAS Portal Searching Capabilities
- What is Basic Search?
- What is Advanced Search?
- What is Custom Search?
- Building a Custom Search Form
- Saving Your Searches
- Searching Document Content Using Oracle Text
- Displaying Search Results
Integrating Content from Any Web Site (3 topics)
- Integrating Non-Portal Content into a Page
- What is Web Clipping?
- Integrating Content from External Web Sites Using the Web Clipping Portlet
Displaying Data Using OmniPortlet (4 topics)
- What is OmniPortlet?
- Publishing Portlets with Disparate Data Sources
- Integrating Page Parameters with OmniPortlet
- Responding to OmniPortlet Events
Creating and Managing Data-Driven Portlets (8 topics)
- Portlet Builder Development Environment
- What is a Provider?
- What is a Portal DB Provider?
- Applying List of Values to Data-Driven Portlets
- Developing Data-Driven Portlets
- What are Charts?
- Creating a Chart
- Publishing Data-Driven Portlets
Creating Form and Report Data-Driven Portlets (8 topics)
- What is a Form Portlet?
- Creating a Form Based on a Table or View
- What is a List of Values?
- Applying Lists of Values to Data-Driven Portlets
- What is a Report Portlet?
- Creating a Report Using the Query Wizard
- Integrating Form and Report Portlets Using Links
- Publishing Forms and Reports as Portlets
Integrating OracleAS Portal with Other Oracle Products (3 topics)
- Publishing Business Intelligence on a Portal Page
- Integrating OracleAS Discoverer with OracleAS Portal
- Integrating OracleAS Reports Services with OracleAS Portal
Familiarity with basic HTML concepts and terms is recommended