Developing Domino 7 Applications - Intermediate Skills
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course builds on the skills of Lotus Education's Developing IBM® Lotus® Domino® 7 Applications: Foundation Skills (N7D510) course. Through instructor lecture and student-centered activities and exercises, students learn to use IBM Lotus Domino Designer 7 to develop multi-database applications.
The course explores advanced formula techniques including looping, and user interaction with the application. The course explains different methods for accessing data sources outside the current Domino database including other Domino databases and relational databases. Other topics include adding workflow functionality to route documents and notify users that a document requires their attention, and security issues such as encrypting data. This course also examines navigation elements such as links, outlines, and framesets that bind the components of the application together and allow users to locate information quickly and easily.
Who Should Attend
The target audience for this course is application developers who have experience creating or modifying single database applications with IBM Lotus Domino Designer 6 or Domino Designer 7.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Content (11 topics)
- Using the formula language to inspect and manipulate text and list values, and use the iterative statement functions
- Implementing functions that interact with users through different types of dialog boxes using the @Prompt and @DialogBox functions.
- Improving on making IBM® Lotus® Notes® documents available to users
- Examining and using several IBM® Lotus® Domino® design elements as navigation structures, including links and imagemaps
- Creating and embedding an outline
- Adding a frameset to an application, adding content to a frame, launching an application frameset, including elements in a frameset, adding new frames, and specifying a target frame for individual elements
- Using @DbColumn to access view column and document values in an IBM® Lotus® Domino® database; using @PickList to allow a user to choose column values from a view; and using profile documents to store global data for an application
- Using the formula language to access data sources using the Microsoft® Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) interface
- Examining Domino Enterprise Connection Services (DECS) and implement real-time data mapping between an IBM® Lotus® Domino® application and a relational database
- Defining workflow, notifying users when they need to become aware of an action in the workflow, creating a mail-in database document, routing documents to application databases, and tracking documents through the workflow process
- Controlling who can edit sections of a document, attaching a signature to an access-controlled section, and encrypting data and mail messages
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino 7 Application Development
Create & modify database applications in IBM Lotus Domino Designer 7 with the Fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino 7 Application Development training courseScheduled Online Onsite