Access 2007 Level 4
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
In previous levels, you were introduced to the various features of Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 that dealt with local database management. However, effective database management calls for mastering the advanced administrative and collaborative features of Access. In this course, you will exchange data with other applications, automate business processes by using VBA code, and secure and share databases.
You will exchange data with other applications, automate business processes by using VBA code, and secure and share databases.
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Share Access data with other applications
- use VBA to automate a business process
- create and modify a database switchboard, and set the startup options
- secure databases
- share databases using a SharePoint site.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for students who have a thorough understanding of the basic and advanced user features of the Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 application, and are interested in learning introductory level administrator skill sets. The course is also for the student who may be working in a web-based environment and may need to adapt Access applications to the environment.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Integrating Access into Your Business (4 topics)
- Import XML Data into an Access Database
- Export Access Data to XML Format
- Export Data to the Outlook Address Book
- Collect Data Through Email Messages
Automating a Business Process with VBA (4 topics)
- Create a Standard Module
- Develop Code
- Call a Procedure from a Form
- Run the Procedure
Managing Switchboards (3 topics)
- Create a Database Switchboard
- Modify a Database Switchboard
- Set the Startup Options
Distributing and Securing Databases (5 topics)
- Split a Database
- Implement Security
- Set Passwords
- Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Package a Database with a Digital Signature
Sharing Databases Using a SharePoint Site (5 topics)
- Export a Table to a SharePoint List
- Import Data from a SharePoint List
- Publish a Database to a SharePoint Site
- Move a Database to a SharePoint Site
- Work Offline
To ensure the successful completion of Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007: Level 4, the following Element K courses or equivalent knowledge is recommended: Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007: Level 1 Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007: Level 2 Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007: Level 3
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Access 2007 Level 1
Examine the basic database concepts, and create and modify databases and their various objects with the Access 2007 Level 1 training course
Access 2007 Level 2
Maintain data consistency, customise database components, and share Access data with other applications on the Access 2007 Level 2 training course
Access 2007 Level 3
Access 2007 Level 3 is a 1-day training course providing delegates with the skills to create complex Access databases and perform database maintenance