Access 2007 Level 3
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Your training in and use of Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 has provided you with a solid foundation in the basic and intermediate skills for working in Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007. You have worked with the various Access objects, such as tables, queries, forms, and reports. In this course, you will extend your knowledge into some of the more specialized and advanced capabilities of Access by structuring existing data, writing advanced queries, working with macros, enhancing forms and reports, and maintaining a database.
You will create complex Access databases by structuring existing data, writing advanced queries, working with macros, making effective use of forms and reports, and also by performing database maintenance.
On completing the course, you will be able to:
- restructure data into appropriate tables to ensure data dependency and minimize redundancy.
- write advanced queries to analyze and summarize data.
- create and revise Access macros.
- display data more effectively in a form.
- customize reports by using various Access features, thus making them more effective.
- maintain your database using tools provided by Access.
Who Should Attend
The Level 3 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with related tables; creating advanced queries, forms, and reports; writing macros to automate common tasks; and performing general database maintenance. It is also designed as one in a series of courses for students pursuing the Microsoft® Office Specialist Certification for Microsoft® Office Access 2007, and it is a prerequisite to take more advanced courses in Microsoft® Office Access 2007.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Structuring Existing Data (3 topics)
- Analyze Tables
- Create a Junction Table
- Improve the Table Structure
Writing Advanced Queries (5 topics)
- Create Subqueries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
- Group and Summarize Records Using Criteria
- Summarize Data Using a Crosstab Query
- Create a PivotTable and a PivotChart
Simplifying Tasks with Macros (5 topics)
- Create a Macro
- Attach a Macro
- Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Validate Data Using a Macro
- Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
Making Effective Use of Forms (3 topics)
- Display a Calendar on a Form
- Organize Information with Tab Pages
- Display a Summary of Data in a Form
Making Reports More Effective (4 topics)
- Include a Chart in a Report
- Print Data in Columns
- Cancel Printing of a Blank Report
- Create a Report Snapshot
Maintaining an Access Database (5 topics)
- Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Manage a Database
- Determine Object Dependency
- Document a Database
- Analyze the Performance of a Database
To ensure the successful completion of Microsoft® Office Access 2007: Level 3, the following Element K courses or equivalent knowledge are recommended for familiarity with: basic and intermediate features of Access tables, relationships, queries, forms, and reports, as well as: Microsoft® Office Access 2007: Level 1 Microsoft® Office Access 2007: Level 2
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Access 2007 Level 1
Examine the basic database concepts, and create and modify databases and their various objects with the Access 2007 Level 1 training course
Access 2007 Level 2
Maintain data consistency, customise database components, and share Access data with other applications on the Access 2007 Level 2 training course