This course has been retired. Please view currently available Project Management Skills Training Courses.
Course Topics (20 topics)
- Themes in Contract Law for Project Managers.
- You will be introduced to the themes in contract law that will be covered during the Seminar.
- Principles of Contract Law - Offer and Acceptance.
- Structuring the Contract.
- Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Schedules to the Contract.
- Risk Management.
- Breach of Contract remedies and options.
- Project expectations and acceptable results.
- Capturing Customer expectations and acceptance criteria.
- Avoid accepting the Supplier's Terms and Conditions as 'the contract'.
- Negotiate terms to the best advantage of your organisation.
- Proper use of Schedules.
- Liability issues - who is to blame if things go wrong.
- Post- project contract management.
- What should a contract look like?
- Intellectual Property.
- Copyright and Licensing.
- Risks and Risk Management.
- Disputes and Breaches of Contract.