M5060: Implementing Microsoft Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to successfully implement Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) version 3.0 in their organizations. It emphasizes that students should think about the architecture of their entire environment, including business and application needs, during the planning and deployment phases. The course covers how to perform a clean installation of WSS 3.0 and also describes all the prerequisites required to select the most appropriate method for upgrading WSS from 2.0 to 3.0 in a specific scenario. In addition, the course focuses on how to manage WSS after it is configured.
This course is intended for Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the planning, design, and selection of Line of Business (LOB) applications, including Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), in conjunction with internal business customers. Their primary responsibility is the deployment, customization, management, and support of LOB applications. They routinely monitor application status and troubleshoot application problems. The audience is expected to have at least two years of experience in implementing, managing, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2003, including Internet Information Services (IIS).
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Platform (4 topics)
- Overview of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Collaboration Technologies Offered by Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Identifying the Collaboration Challenges in Your Organization
- Identifying the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Features that Help Address Collaboration Challenges
Planning the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Environment (7 topics)
- Determining Organizational and User Needs
- Planning Site Creation, Maintenance, and Security
- Planning Server Requirements and Topologies
- Determining Disk Space Requirements
- Determining Peak Throughput
- Identifying the Topology for a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Installation
- Justifying Your Topology Plan
Installing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (9 topics)
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Installing and Configuring the Central Administration Site
- Creating and Configuring Sites
- Installing the Central Administration Site
- Configuring the Services on the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Server
- Creating a Web Application
- Creating a Site Collection
- Starting the Windows SharePoint Services Search Service
- Configuring the Alternate Access Mappings
Upgrading from Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 to 3.0 (4 topics)
- Planning for an Upgrade of Windows SharePoint Services
- Preparing to Perform an Upgrade
- Identifying the Appropriate Upgrade Method
- Identifying the Solutions to Possible Upgrade Issues
Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (4 topics)
- Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Sites
- Managing the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Server
- Managing Site Settings
- Troubleshooting Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Server Performance Issues
Before attending this course, students must have: - On-the-job experience in implementing, managing, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2003, including IIS. - Working knowledge of networking, for example, TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS). - Basic knowledge of key benefits of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), new features and functionality of MOSS, and WSS acting as a platform for MOSS.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols
A 4-day Training Course on Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols; covers practical configuration & troubleshooting of TCP/IP within LANs and WANs.
M2274: Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
A 5-day Training Course on M2274: Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment; For those seeking employment as a systems administrator or engineer.Scheduled Online Onsite