Managing Projects in an Agile Environment
This course has beeen replaced by the Agile Project Management course. However, it is still available as a cutomisable onsite course. Please call us for further details.
Agile Development (5 topics)
- What is Agile Development?
- Iterative Development
- Agile Methods
- Is your project suitable for Agile?
- Factors to consider: size, criticality, personnel and environment
Building the Team (3 topics)
- Multiple roles and effective communication
- Quality Goals
- Sharing of project management
Manging the Kickoff (7 topics)
- Importance of stakeholders
- User stories
- Team Vision
- Importance of Scheduling
Managing Project Construction (6 topics)
- Objectives and deliverables of construction
- Iteration management
- Daily Meetings
- Creating and managing the Backlog / Story List
- Driving the Project with Use Cases
- Estimating work and calculating velocity
Planning for Quality (5 topics)
- What is quality and how is it measured?
- The importance of testing
- Test based development techniques
- Test automation
- Testing practices
Transition (4 topics)
- Preparing for change
- Agile Release Planning
- Support responsibilities during and after transition
- Project closedown
Delegates must have a good understanding of basic project management planning skills. An appreciation of current methods and architecture options such as object orientation, client/server and the Internet would be an advantage.