ITIL Release and Control Manager
This course has been retired. Please view currently available ITIL Training Courses.
Course Content (11 topics)
- Introduction to Service Management with an emphasis on how the three core processes interface between each other and how they interface to other Service Management processes
- Introduction to Configuration Management outlining the need, scope, basic concepts and terminology of Configuration Management
- The four stages of Configuration Management: identification, control, status accounting and verification
- Implementation and Maintenance of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Introduction to Change Management outlining the need, the scope, the basic concepts and terminology of Change Management
- The normal and urgent change process lifecycle, including prioritisation, impact assessment and resource assessment
- The role of the Change Advisory Board
- Introduction to Release Management outlining the need, scope, basic concepts and terminology of Release Management
- Setting up a definitive software library
- Releasing and implementing new hardware and software components
- Using a CMDB to manage the incident, problem, change lifecycle
Students taking the EXIN Restore and Control exam must have completed an accredited course, and hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate.