M6431: Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Servers
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to manage and maintain Windows Server 2008 network infrastructure servers. The course focuses on creating a plan for managing the server lifecycle, developing and evaluating baselines for monitoring and managing server roles, and analyzing the implementation and configuration of several different server roles for Windows Server 2008. The course will also focus on analyzing and maintaining network server security.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create a plan for managing the addition, removal, or migration of Windows Server 2008 network infrastructure roles
- Develop baselines for monitoring and managing Windows Server 2008 infrastructure roles
- Evaluate performance baselines and establish monitoring rules, design acceptable thresholds and alarms when problems occur
- Analyze the implementation and configuration of a network environment running several Network Policy and Access Server roles
- Plan for the implementation and configuration of a remote access server
- Evaluate and plan for the deployment of DNS and DHCP server roles
- Maintain security for network infrastructure servers
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for Server Administrators who are familiar with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and who are, or will be, responsible for the overall lifecycle management of Server 2008 Network Server Roles. It is also intended for IT professionals who could benefit from acquiring the skills required by a Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Server Administrator, such as a Server Administrator who is responsible for Network servers that will work closely with Enterprise Administrators and who want to understand the operational lifecycle of Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Server roles.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Managing a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Server Lifecycle (3 topics)
- Key Features of Windows Server 2008
- Managing Implementation Plans of Server Roles
- Managing Server Roles with the SCW
Monitoring Windows Server 2008 Infrastructure Roles (3 topics)
- Monitoring Reliability and Performance in Windows Server 2008
- Using the Performance Monitor for Analysis
- Using the Reliability Monitor for Analysis
Managing Network Access Protection (3 topics)
- Planning NAP
- Creating Solutions by Using NAP
- Implementing NAP
Managing Remote Access (3 topics)
- Planning RAS Server Roles
- Managing RAS Authentication
- Evaluating Network Policies
Managing and Maintaining DNS and DHCP Server Roles (2 topics)
- Managing DNS and DHCP Server Roles
- Maintaining DNS and DHCP Server Roles
Maintaining Security for Network Servers (2 topics)
- Network Server Role Security
- Configuring Windows Firewall With Advanced Security
Labs (6 topics)
- Lab 1: Managing a Windows Server Infrastructure
- Lab 2: Monitoring Windows Server 2008 Infrastructure Roles
- Lab 3: Managing the Network Policy and NAP Roles
- Lab 4: Planning for the Implementation and Configuration of a RAS Role
- Lab 5: Managing DNS and DHCP Server Roles
- Lab 6: Maintaining Security for Network Servers
Students should have several years of experience deploying and maintaining Microsoft Window 2003 servers and networks. A good understanding of core networking services including DHCP, DNS, and terminal services is also required.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M6420: Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008
5 day instructor led training course on the fundamentals of Windows Server 2008.
M6421: Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
5 day training course on Windows Server 2008 network infrastructure. Configure and troubleshoot secure network access and design fault tolerant storage solutions.
M6425: Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services
M6425 is a 5-day instructor-led training course providing the skills required for Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services
M6426: Configuring Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
M6426 is a 3-day trianing course providng the skills required for Configuring Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
M6430: Planning for Windows Server 2008 Servers
M6430 is a 3-day instructor-led training course providing the skills required to plan a Windows Server 2008 operating system infrastructure.