ITIL IT Service Continuity Management
This course has been retired. Please view currently available ITIL Training Courses.
Course Content (9 topics)
- Planning for the implementation of IT Service Continuity Management
- Carrying out a comprehensive business impact analysis, and producing a report of the findings
- Carrying out a comprehensive risk analysis of the IT Infrastructure, and making recommendations for reducing the likelihood and/or probability of identified threats
- Formulation of a strategy for IT Service Continuity that is in-line with business requirements
- Implementing the recovery plans and risk reduction methods identified in the analysis and strategy phase
- Identifying roles and responsibilities
- Devising a testing schedule
- Implementing ongoing operational activities, including maintaining education, awareness and testing plans, and the interface to Change Management
- Understanding the interdependencies between IT Service Continuity Management and other IT and Service Management processes
Delegates should have at least one year of relevant IT experience and have attained the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.