Nortel Meridian 1 Foundation
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course takes the student from the basic principles of the Meridian 1 range through to all the skills and techniques required to install, configure, administer and maintain the current Meridian 1 range and to meet the prerequisite for Nortel CS1K training. The course also provides network engineers with the ability to implement Q931 ISDN networks and network dial plans.
- Describe the current Nortel Meridian 1 product range and CS1K 5.5 platforms.
- Describe, install and configure current Common, Network and Peripheral equipment (61C/81C)
- Describe, install and configure current small systems hardware (11C Cabinet and Chassis).
- Describe CS1K Release 5.5 Equipment
- Fully utilise the Nortel Technical Publications (NTP) CD documentation.
- Access the system maintenance terminal.
- Perform system maintenance.
- Perform software installation and upgrades.
- Describe and install Nortel 3900 series digital telephones
- Configure a variety of telephone and system features.
- Perform troubleshooting and correct system faults.
- Configure, maintain and test Q.931 digital connections
- Describe and implement both Uniform and Co-ordinated dial plans.
- Install and replace hardware components.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Content (17 topics)
- Identify the current range of Nortel Meridian 1 and CS1K Systems
- System Interfaces (Command Line, OTM, Element Manager)
- Using the System Documentation
- Accessing the system
- Understanding and performing Administration in software
- Understanding and performing Maintenance in software
- Understand and Implement Common 3900 Telephone features
- System Features and Services
- Meridian 1 61C/81C Current Equipment
- Meridian 1 Option 11 Cabinet and Chassis Current Equipment
- CS1k Release 5.5 Equipment
- Meridian 1 Software Installation
- System Backup and Restore
- Hardware Maintenance
- Understand and implement a Q.391 ISDN Network
- Understand and implement a Uniform Dial Plan network configuration
- Understand a Co-ordinated Dial Plan network configuration