M6421: Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to configure and troubleshoot a Windows Sever 2008 network infrastructure. Students will learn to implement and configure secure network access and implement fault tolerant storage technologies. Students will gain an understanding of the network technologies most commonly used with Windows Server 2008 and IP-enabled networks. Students will also learn how to secure servers and maintain update compliance.
The primary audience for this course includes Active Directory technology specialists aspiring to be Enterprise Administrators (Tier 4 day-to-day network operations) or Network Administrators (Tier 2). Experienced Server Administrators aspiring to be Enterprise Administrators would also benefit from this course.
The secondary audience for this course includes Storage Area Network Administrators who need to understand this information to deploy or extend their current storage infrastructure. Operations Managers who need this information to support troubleshooting efforts and business decisions would also benefit from this course.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Install and configure servers.
- Configure and troubleshoot DNS.
- Configure and manage WINS.
- Configure and troubleshoot DHCP.
- Configure and troubleshoot IPv6 TCP/IP.
- Configure and troubleshoot Routing and Remote Access.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Network Policy Server Role service.
- Configure Network Access Protection.
- Configure IPSec.
- Monitor and troubleshoot IPSec.
- Configure and manage Distributed File System.
- Configure and manage storage technologies.
- Configure availability of network resources and content.
- Configure server security compliance.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Installing and Configuring Servers (3 topics)
- Installing Windows Server 2008
- Managing Server Roles and Features
- Overview of the Server Core Installation Option
Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS (5 topics)
- Installing the DNS Server Role
- Configuring the DNS Server Role
- Configuring DNS Zones
- Configuring DNS Zone Transfers
- Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
Configuring and Managing WINS (4 topics)
- Installing the Windows Internet Name Service
- Managing the WINS Server
- Configuring WINS Replication
- Migrating from WINS to DNS
Configuring and Troubleshooting DHCP (5 topics)
- Overview of the DHCP Server Role
- Configuring DHCP Scopes and Options
- Managing a DHCP Database
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting DHCP
- Securing DHCP
Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv6 TCP/IP (5 topics)
- Overview of IPv6
- Coexistence with IPv6
- IPv6 Tunneling Technologies
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
- Troubleshooting IPv6
Configuring and Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access (5 topics)
- Configuring Network Access
- Configuring VPN Access
- Overview of Network Policies
- Overview of the Connection Manager Administration Kit
- Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role Service (4 topics)
- Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
- Configuring RADIUS Clients and Servers
- NPS Authentication Methods
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Network Policy Server
Configuring Network Access Protection (4 topics)
- Overview of Network Access Protection
- How NAP Works
- Configuring NAP
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Configuring IPsec (3 topics)
- Overview of IPsec
- Configuring Connection Security Rules
- Configuring IPsec NAP Enforcement
Monitoring and Troubleshooting IPsec (2 topics)
- Monitoring IPsec Activity
- Troubleshooting IPsec
Configuring and Managing Distributed File System (3 topics)
- DFS Overview
- Configuring DFS Namespaces
- Configuring DFS Replication
Configuring and Managing Storage Technologies (5 topics)
- Overview of Windows Server 2008 Storage Management
- Managing Storage Using File Server Resource Manager
- Configuring Quota Management
- Implementing File Screening
- Managing Storage Reports
Configuring Availability of Network Resources and Content (3 topics)
- Backing Up Data
- Configuring Shadow Copies
- Providing Server and Service Availability
Configuring Server Security Compliance (5 topics)
- Securing a Windows Infrastructure
- Using Security Templates to Secure Servers
- Configuring an Audit Policy
- Overview of Windows Sever Update Services
- Managing WSUS
Before attending this course, students must have: - Working experience with Windows Server 2003. - Basic knowledge of Active Directory. - An understanding of security concepts and methodologies (for example, corporate policies). - Basic knowledge of DHCP. - Basic knowledge of IPsec.