CIPT2V8: Cisco IP Telephony Part 2 v8
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications IP Telephony Part 2 (CIPT2) v8 prepares you for installing and configuring, a Cisco Unified Communications Manager solution in a multisite environment. This course focuses on Cisco Unified CallManager Release 8, the call routing and signaling component for the Cisco Unified Communications solution. It also includes H.323 and Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) gateway implementation, the use of a Cisco Unified Border Element, and configuration of Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST), different mobility features, and voice security.
This course includes lab activities in which you will apply a dial plan for a multisite environment, configure survivability for remote sites during WAN failure and implement solutions to reduce bandwidth requirements in the IP WAN. You will also enable call admission control (CAC) and automated alternate routing (AAR), a feature that allows rerouting of calls over the public switched telephone network (PSTN) in case of no available bandwidth. There are labs for implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Mobility, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Extension Mobility, Cisco Unified Mobility, and voice security.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Multisite Deployments (4 topics)
- Identifying Issues in a Multisite Deployment
- Identifying Solutions for a Multisite Deployment
- Implementing Multisite Connections Hardening the IP Phone
- Implementing a Dial Plan for Multisite Deployments
Centralized Call-Processing Redundancy (3 topics)
- Examining Remote Site Redundancy Options
- Implementing SRST and MGCP Fallback
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in SRST Mode
Bandwidth Management and Call Admission Control (2 topics)
- Implementing Bandwidth Management
- Implementing Call Admission Control
Features and Applications for Multisite Deployments (3 topics)
- Implementing Call Applications on Cisco IOS Gateways
- Implementing Device Mobility
- Implementing Extension Mobility Implementing Cisco Unified Mobility
Multisite Deployments (2 topics)
- Understanding Cryptographic Fundamentals and PKI
- Understanding Native Cisco Unified Communications Manager Security Features and Cisco Unified Communications Manager PKI Implementing Security in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
CIPT1V8: Cisco IP Telephony Part 1 v8
CIPT1V8 is a 5-day official Cisco training course on Cisco IP Telephony using Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 8. Hands on training.
CVOICE8: Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS v8.0
A 5-day Training Course on CVOICE8: Implementing Cisco Voice Communications; Provides the knowledge and skills for implementing IP telephony in a Cisco Unified Communications environment.