Fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino 8 Application Development
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
The course provides the information that you need to know to successfully create and modify database applications in IBM Lotus Domino Designer 8. It provides an overview of the Lotus Domino 8 and Domino Designer 8 environments, introduces the elements and skills that are used in creating single-database Domino applications, describes how the formula language can be used to enhance the functionality of a Domino application, and explains how Domino applications can be secured.
This is basic course for application developers who are new to developing Domino applications and who need to acquire the fundamental skills to develop and modify single database applications in IBM Domino Designer 8.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
-Receive an overview of application types, data sources, and how they are deployed in the IBM Lotus Domino architecture.
- Explore the IBM Lotus Domino Designer user interface and accessed design elements.
- Create an original application structure, an application structure copied from a previously designed application, and an application structure based on a template.
- Create pages and populate them with text, images, and tables.
- Create forms and insert form elements in them.
- Create formatted views.
- Create formulas and learn about programming languages that can be used in conjunction with Domino.
- Use formulas in conjunction with forms.
- Select and manipulate data for use and display in views.
- Work with layers, subforms, instant messaging, and autosave features.
- Work with hierarchical views, response data, shared columns, and instant messaging features related to views.
- Work with actions to automate tasks.
- Work with agents to automate tasks.
- Receive an overview on application security.
- Receive an overview on how to deploy an application.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Contents (14 topics)
- Exploring Applications in Lotus Domino 8
- Exploring the Lotus Domino 8 Design Environment
- Creating Databases
- Creating Pages
- Creating Forms
- Creating Views
- Introducing Formulas
- Using Formulas in Forms
- Using Formulas in Views
- Enhancing Forms
- Enhancing Views
- Working with Actions
- Working with Agents
- Securing Applications