IBM Lotus Domino 8 System Administration Operating Fundamentals
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Learn basic concepts that provide the foundation for Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes. This course is the point of entry to the entire core system administration curriculum. This course does not teach you how to install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot a Lotus Domino 8 infrastructure.
Upon completing the course, you should be able to:
- Examine Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes Architecture
- Perform Basic Administration Tasks
- Examine Lotus Domino Security Mechanisms
- Examine Mail Routing in Lotus Domino
- Examine Lotus Domino Replication
- Extend Lotus Domino Environment.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Examining the Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes Architecture, including: (6 topics)
- Recognizing the role of the Domino system administrator
- Understanding the key elements of a Domino environment
- What are Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes?
- What is a Domino database?
- What is a composite application?
- What is a directory?
Performing Basic Administration Tasks, including: (4 topics)
- Starting the Lotus Domino Administrator client
- Using on-line help
- Navigating the Lotus Domino Administrator client
- Setting administration preferences
Examining Lotus Domino Security Mechanisms, including: (15 topics)
- Recognizing the elements used for Domino security
- What is a domain?
- What is a Domino Named Network?
- What is a certifier ID?
- What is a Notes ID?
- What is a server ID?
- What are certificates (Notes & X.509)
- What is an organization?
- What is an organizational unit?
- Designing a hierarchical naming scheme
- Deciding on an authentication mechanism and anonymous access
- Defining groups
- Securing a database using the Access Control List
- Securing a server using the server access list
- Securing a workstation using the Execution Control List
Examining Mail Routing in Lotus Domino, including: (6 topics)
- Understanding how Lotus Domino routes mail
- What are the components for mail routing?
- What routing protocols does Lotus Domino support?
- How does mail route within a Domino Named Network?
- How does mail route between Domino Named Networks?
- Designing a mail routing topology
Examining Lotus Domino Replication, including: (6 topics)
- Understanding Lotus Domino replication
- Replication terms
- Replication logic -- source and target servers, and source and target documents
- Replica databases
- Initiating replication
- Recognizing factors that affect replication
Extending Lotus Domino Environment, including: (5 topics)
- Identifying what other functions a Domino server can perform
- Recognizing how clusters increase server availability
- Understanding how Domino partitions work
- Identifying what Internet protocols Lotus Domino supports
- Integrating other IBM products such as, IBM Lotus Sametime, IBM DB2, IBM WebSphere Application Server, and IBM WebSphere Portal
You should have previous experience as a network administrator or mail system administrator, and experience using the Lotus Notes 8 Client.