Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This course is designed to provide delegates with the basic knowledge needed to understand the technologies used within the telecommunications industry. This course is suitable for delegates with no prior knowledge of telecom technologies or the telecoms industry.
This course can be taken individually or as part of our 4-day Telecoms Fundamentals for Professionals course which covers a day on each of:
Day 1 - Wireline (fixed line) Telecommunications
Day 2 - IP and Data networking
Day 3 - Mobile Communications: GSM, GPRS, 3G & 4G
Day 4 - Voice over IP and Convergence
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand how the industry has developed driven by technology
- Understand the key technologies deployed within most telecoms networks globally
- Understand why certain technologies are in demand for operators and what they mean to their customers
- Understand who the major service providers and manufacturers are
The Components of a Telecoms Network (5 topics)
- The PSTN
- The Core Network
- The Local Loop
- The Access Network
- The Data Network
The Basics Technologies (4 topics)
- Analogue vs. Digital
Basics of Public Networks (7 topics)
- TDM, PDH, SDH
- Optical Networks: WDM/DWDM
- Why are Optical Networks key?
- Network Management
- Signalling Systems (SS7, C7)
- Intelligent Networks (IN)
- Next Generation Networks (NGNs)
Basics of Access Networks (4 topics)
- Copper, Fibre, Wireless Local Loop
- DSL and Cable Modems
- Which will succeed and why?
Who are the major players? (5 topics)
- Carriers and Service Providers
- Equipment Vendors
- Systems Integrators
- Triple Play Service Providers
Delegates do not need to have any prior knowledge of telecoms or the technologies used within communications networks. This course is designed for anyone wanting a basic introduction to fixed line telecommunications.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.