Writing for Internal Publications
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Good internal communication is an essential part of any successful communications strategy. Relaying information to other members of staff in an interesting, easy to absorb way can be a challenge.
In this course you’ll learn how to write interesting, informative articles for in-house magazines and newsletters that people will actually want to read. Feel free to bring along a copy of your own in-house magazine or newsletter if you wish.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction (2 topics)
- The importance of company news
- What do people actually want to read?
Style and tone (4 topics)
- What is the primary message?
- Formal vs informal
- Selecting a style and tone
- Creating eye catching headlines
Industry and company news (3 topics)
- Making internal news interesting, relevant and readable
- Potential news ideas - awards, diary events, industry trends, appointments
- Making information come alive
Feature writing (3 topics)
- Choosing topics for features
- How to structure features
- Keeping features on-message
Reporting on company events (6 topics)
- What to include and what to exclude
- The importance of photography
- Using photos to increase your readership
- Reporting on events
- Using interviews and quotes
- Involving your audience
Writing newsletters (5 topics)
- The look and feel of your newsletter
- Prioritising news and information for your readers
- Getting the right balance between industry news, company news and features/interviews
- Regular columns
- Encouraging feedback and involvment from readers
Feedback (2 topics)
- Measuring reader response
- Measuring how successful your communication has been