The Evolution of Mobile Packet Services
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Mobile Evolution Training Courses.
HSPA Overview (6 topics)
- Basic Principles
- Key Features
- Performance and Capabilities
- Service Provision
HSPA+ Evolution (3 topics)
- System Enhancements
- Performance Impact
- Combinational Services
IMS Overview (7 topics)
- IMS Drivers
- Principles and Architecture
- Service Provision and Charging
- Procedural Overview and SIP
- QoS Control and Network Dependencies
- Presence and Peer-to-Peer Services
- Security in IMS
3GPP Long Term Evolution (4 topics)
- UTRAN LTE Aims
- UTRAN architecture optimisation
- Latency reduction
- Capacity improvements
3GPP System Architecture Evolution (7 topics)
- SAE Aims
- E-UTRAN / Evolved Packet Core functional split
- All IP Network (AIPN)
- QoS, policy management and charging
- Mobility Management and User Plane Principles
- Migration / Evolution to EPC
- Inter-system working
Basic understanding of mobile network service provision and a basic understanding of IP are required.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Mobile Networks Fundamentals
A 3-day Training Course on Mobile Networks Fundamentals; covers the variety of mobile standards and devices; GSM, 3G, 4G, 5G and Satellite.
Understanding IP and Datanetworking
A 2-day Training Course on Understanding IP and Data Networking; overview of key concepts, protocols, and functions of the internet and IP services.