HSPA and HSPA+ Technical Overview
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course presents a detailed technical discussion of the existing 3GPP R5 and R6 HSDPA / HSUPA specifications and the R7 enhancements that have been introduced to increase throughput, reduce latency, conserve power and reduce signalling overhead (commonly referred to as HSPA+ features). Signalling Mechanisms, State-Transitions and Mobility Procedures are presented and performance, coverage, implementation and integration issues discussed. In addition, the use of HSPA/HSPA+ for real-time services such as VoIP is presented in overview
Following this course the delegates will have a more detailed understanding of how both uplink and downlink packet switched bearer services are created and maintained in the UTRAN via HSPA/HSPA+ as standardised in the 3GPP R5,R6 and R7 specifications. The delegate should then be able to make informed decisions on how to develop, deploy and support packet switched applications and services based on a technical understanding of the current and evolving HSPA/HSPA+ procedures, protocols and architecture.
- To provide a technical overview of the current R5 / R6 HSPA architecture and features
- To describe in detail the protocol architecture and protocol entities specified to support HSDPA/HSUPA
- To present a thorough description of the inter-layer and peer-peer procedures and signalling mechanisms
- To outline key performance and implementation aspects for HSPA
- To provide a detailed technical description of the R7 enhancements and features (HSPA+) and the implication of these to service provision
- To discuss Continuous Packet Connectivity principles
- To outline key Mobility, Session and State Management mechanisms associated with HSPA/HSPA+
HSPA Overview (5 topics)
- Throughput increase
- Latency reduction
HSPA Principles (4 topics)
- Multiple SAW
- Incremental Redundancy and Turbo Coding
- Adaptive Modulation
HSPA Protocol and Signalling Details (R5/R6) (9 topics)
- Protocol Architecture
- MAC Architecture and Functions
- Transport Channels
- Physical Channels
- L2-L1 functions and interactions
- Signalling Structures and Mechanisms
- HSPA Performance overview
- Mobility Procedures
- Combinational Services
HSPA+ (R7 Enhancements) (13 topics)
- HSDPA 64-QAM
- H-ARQ Processing and MIMO
- MIMO Feedback and Pre-Coding Indicators
- HS-SCCH for MIMO
- HSUPA 16-QAM
- Continuous Packet Connectivity
- DTX / DRX Enhancements
- SCCH-less Operation
- Enhanced Cell_FACH state
- Mobility and State Management
Basic knowledge of UMTS (3GPP R99) principles and RAN architecture + general understanding of data communications protocol principles.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols
A 4-day Training Course on Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols; covers practical configuration & troubleshooting of TCP/IP within LANs and WANs.
UMTS Technical Overview
This 3-day course gives delegates a technical understanding of UMTS Technology
UTRAN Transport Network
A 2-day Training Course on UTRAN Transport Network; protocols and techniques which support the transport layer of UMTS in access and the core networks.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.