Object Oriented Primer for Software Developers
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Object technology has rapidly become an all pervasive, supporting technology throughout the computing industry. Objects are the foundation of modern operating systems, languages and development methods, and are shaping the future of distributed computing using distributed object technology.
This course provides a detailed introduction into the principles of object technology. Aimed at developers, it examines the details of encapsulation, object relationships, inheritance and polymorphism. The terminology and notation is taken from the Unified Modelling Language (UML), which has become the de facto standard for describing object systems.
Object-Oriented Primer for Software Developers is the foundation for all the programming courses that require Object understanding.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Object-Oriented Basics (3 topics)
- Classes and objects
- Knowledge and state
Encapsulation (4 topics)
- Cohesion and class responsibility
- Visibility - public, private, protected
Object Relationships (4 topics)
- Association and aggregation
- Attributes and composition
Inheritance (6 topics)
- What is inherited?
- Base/derived classes
- Extending through addition and overriding
- Abstract classes, operations and methods
- Multiple inheritance
Polymorphism (3 topics)
- Polymorphic references
Object-Oriented Technologies (1 topic)
- Overview of current component, distribution and language technologies including Microsoft's COM and CORBA
The Way Ahead (2 topics)
- Further information sources
- Support after this course