Introduction to Mobile TV
This course has been retired; similar but more up-to-date content is included in our Understanding DVB-H course.
Why Mobile TV? (5 topics)
- The Market
- The Programming
- The Two Approaches:
- The place of MBMS - Multimedia Broadcast and Multicast Service
- Evolution of DVB-H - Handheld Digital Video Broadcasting
Mobile Technology and Radio Spectrum (6 topics)
- Flat and Flexible Screens
- Sound and Video Standards
- MPEG2/4, MP3, etc
- Some Mobile Devices
- Some Ergonomics of Mobile TV
- What Radio Spectrum do I need?
The UMTS System Overviewed (6 topics)
- Sorting Out 2G, 2.5G. 2.75G, 3G and 3.5G Networks
- The Evolution of 3G Networks:
- Radio Spectrum
- Effect on the Marketplace
MBMS Overview (6 topics)
- What is provided: the MBMS Bearer Service
- System Description
- Multicast and Broadcast Modes
- Functional Entities To Support MBMS
- MBMS Attributes and Parameters
- Architectural Aspects of MBMS User Services
MBMS User Layer (Service Layer) (3 topics)
- User Service Discovery/Announcement
- Download Delivery Method
- Streaming Delivery Method
Charging for MBMS (3 topics)
- The Two Systems Defined:
- Offline charging architecture
- Online charging architecture
An Overview of the World of DVB (7 topics)
- The DVB Standard Set
- DVB-S Digital Satellite
- DVB-C Cable
- DVB-T Terrestrial
- DVB-H Handheld
- Similarities and Differences
- What does DVB actually Deliver?
DVB-Terrestrial and DVB-Handheld (3 topics)
- System Description
- Single and Multi-Frequency Networks
- Aspects of System Planning
IPTV and Mobile TV (3 topics)
- What is IP Television?
- The Floppy Television
Delegates should have attended Telecoms Fundamentals for Professionals and UMTS Technical Overview or have similar skills and experience.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Telecoms Fundamentals For Professionals
A four-day training course on Telecoms Fundamentals for Professionals. Covering fixed line, wireless, datacommunications, VOIP and Triple Play.